Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Ancient Tribal High-Fives

Well, its been a really long time since I wrote here and since I had some spare time today, why not breathe life into the blog again? The past few days have really been a trial for me as I realized how tough waiting is. Yes, my styuuupid results aren't out yet. Killing time with video games, movies and series seemed like a good idea at first but when your are half way through the new semester and you realize that you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what's going on in college, its time to act! Since I had restricted my online habits a lot last semester, I wont let that go as a waste by lazing around now!

Anyway, I know you are not reading this to listen to a crazy guy rant about how much of a sloth he has become (evidence - no blog post in January). You are probably here to get a good laugh, aren't you? But unfortunately, that's not what this place is about. I made this blog to share my crazy discoveries and inventions with the world (that is you, since you are reading this right now) in hopes that one day, I shall be remembered as the 'guy who thought of crazy stuff' (something like a smaller version of Leonardo Da Vinci) But I guess that ends up being funny in a way or so. Well, I don't care if you are laughing at my posts or laughing at me; after all, my true goal is to put a smile on that face of yours >:)

It was just another warm Sunday afternoon when I was lazing on the bed thinking of which gun would be better to kill the Spanish drug lords, who had been dancing wearing sombreros and being a pain in the ass for my Uncle Kenny Wu. After choosing the Railgun as my weapon of choice, backed up by a few handmade Molotov that I made at the petrol pump, I drove to their hideout in a stolen car.

On my way to their base, I noticed something very peculiar in my surrounding! (in my REAL LIFE surrounding) My eyes shifted from the Nintendo DS to an odd pattern on the bedsheets. They appeared to be cave paintings from some ancient tribal cave, cleverly copy-pasted on a bedsheet!

It had all sorts of weird depictions of tribal life on it. Like, feeding chickens which were as big as ostriches (lucky brats OR bad artists), children (or possibly monkeys) climbing on trees, people getting high and dancing in circles around a fire and lots of other disturbing things all depicted in a somewhat stick soldier fashion. Now the picture I found most intriguing was the following one -


There I was staring blankly at this gesture, as my (stolen) car caused a traffic catastrophe on the DS. There it was - the High Five. What, in the world, was a high five doing on bedsheets? Rather, what was a high five doing on a cave painting? Could it possibly be that the greeting gesture posts back to the nomadic era? What if the high five was a tribal Indian gesture all along? (the brown Indians, NOT the red ones) If that were the case, does that mean people greet each other like primates? O_O

Well, whatever might be the case, I was more than happy to have 'accidentally' spilled ketchup over the sheets and request an immediate change. >:) Sayounara freaky bedsheets. No more nightmares of scary tribal people with no faces or fingers XD

Oh would you look at the time? Gotta get back to err...ummm...WORK.... yes! Work!! (idk what exactly though)

Now we know that high fives are for primates or people with no faces (or fingers or lives)

Nem,
signing off

ps - take one last look at the freaky picture to engrave it into your memory so that it'll be more clearly visible in your nightmares ^_^

6 comments:

  1. wtf... dis is hw sad u r???? to write on a painting on ur bedsheet??? dude u really need to get outta ur house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really didn't get it, did you? -_-"
    Its not about bedsheets silly, its about how lame high fives are.

    Besides, I don't need to get out of the house, I'm sad coz I'm internet deprived :(

    This problem shall be solved in two months after my exams when I'm gonna be 10 MBPS unlimited; yes you heard it right, 10 MBPS (one zero) So for two months or so, just bear with me :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Art isn't sad, you hypocrite.

    Art is the amazing discovery of man's ability to work his creative mind.

    P.S: I have the same bedspread . In this colour and purple! Talk about me going crayy-zayy. xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must tell you Sue, I DID not chose those. They were here right from the time I moved in.

    Call me crazy but I had made a story of what's going on in that whole painting. (spoiler - it includes how they carefully cultivate and cook Marijuana)

    oh and that girl Bhakti, is my aunt >,<"

    ReplyDelete
  5. :S

    had I known who it was, I never would've commented so rudely. My apologies, aunty! :D

    Besides, I am a serious art person, like random-modern-even-though-weird-looking-art person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's keep this quite. I get a feeling, she never read this lol

    ReplyDelete