Sunday, September 5, 2010

Journey to the epic Grilled Chicken Mayonaisse Roll

Finally, got sometime to update about recent happenings. Its been a long long week for me; psychologically, I mean.

So there I was waiting for 'it' to arrive. Patience was the key and I was scarce on that resource. I wasn't fully prepared; in fact, not prepared at all. But just wanted to get over with it. Looking around in that closed chamber, all I saw was nothingness. The time when I would reach into full blown insanity, where I would be drawing happy-happy landscape pictures (that includes a smiley sun) with my sister's crayons on the walls, didn't seem far away. Yes, it was exam despair. Although it was only a (stupid annoying) Unit test, that didn't matter much, I ended up taking it a bit seriously. Of course, I didn't study for most of it. But I took the pressure and deeply messed up three subjects out of five! x_x


Now since that stupid test was over, I decided to have a little celebration! (yes, I'm such a bored person that I just need a reason to celebrate something, no matter how trivial it is) We had been to the Elephanta caves a few months ago; those caves are a one-hour boat ride away from the tip of Mumbai. The caves were just like most other Indian sculptures with lots of stories, depictions and nudity. But the more important part was that before leaving for these islands we were looking for a Subway joint to fill in on our empty stomachs. We got there only to find that the place had shifted to another location and that's when we found out this place JUST as awesome (or maybe even better) than Subway. Can't really compare those two because what they sell are completely different things. But on that day, what we ate there at the Modern Juice Centre (I know the name is lame) was so freaking awesome that to celebrate my exam's end, I decided to travel that epic distance, JUST to eat that epic roll filled with all the chickeny-mayonnaisey awesomeness!

You know, there are some things in life that don't require much efforts and then there are things that need lots of blood, sweat and tears. This story is about the later ones. Efforts are made almost everywhere. What really matters is 'what were those efforts made for?' That object of desire is what makes the journey worthwhile or just a waste of time. This Roll we are talking about was definitely worth the 33km travel, from one tip of the city, to another!

So there I was, sitting with my friends, on the steel chairs places on the streets of, what seemed like, Little Dubai! Yes! A mini Arabia amidst the chaos of Mumbai! Its was(and still is and shall remain forever, touch wood) a few blocks away from the Taj Hotel, along the coast. None of us had breakfast that day for space was dedicated to a single food item, the Grilled Chicken Mayonnaise Roll! After the tiring train journey in a over crowded train compartment, we had finally arrived there.

What happened after that was obvious. Good times. Of course I will not describe the Roll, putting that holy taste and feel in words would be like an insult to its epic awesomeness!

and THAT'S what I've been upto lately
Friendly neighborhood Nem, signing off.
cya :)

No comments:

Post a Comment